Cathcart & District Housing Association offer Welfare Rights Services to our tenants. We share this service with Southside Housing Association.
The Welfare Rights Team are on hand to provide support to our tenants who require advice on benefits. They provide confidential, free and impartial advice on:
- Benefit Checks/Income Maximisation
- Appeals and Representation
- Welfare Reform
Advice for all benefits including:
- Universal Credit
- Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Discretionary Housing Payment & Bedroom Tax
- Disability Living Allowance & Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payments
- Carer’s Allowance
- Scottish Welfare Fund
- Pension Credit
- Food Bank Vouchers
Our Money Advice Service offers free confidential, impartial and independent debt advice.
- Review your finances
- Prioritise your debts
- Complete a financial statement (including details of your income & expenditure)
- Give you advice on what options are suitable for you and provide you with the necessary information to help make you an informed decision
- Contact your creditors and negotiate with them on your behalf and help you with every step of the way.
Booking an appointment
The Welfare Rights Officers now manage their own diaries. To book an appointment please call 0141 633 2779 and our reception staff will pass on your details (name, address, phone number and reason for appointment) to the Welfare Rights Officers to arrange an appointment directly with you.